Saturday, January 03, 2009

Prayer Request


I know I've posted this picture before but this is one of the best pictures I have of my Nanny Puckette. She is very ill and in the hospital right now. She has Pneumonia, Congestive Heart Failure and she's just not able to breathe on her own now. I know the end is near and although I do not want her to suffer/hurt, my heart is still very sad. We've always been very close. She's one of the most thoughtful people I know. Even recently, she didn't want to ask the nurse for more water because she was worried she'd get too tired out. She has a beautiful spirit and words can't express how much I love her. We go see her, faithfully, in the Nursing Home every Sunday afternoon. Hunter requests it. Even last week, Hunter and I went on the way home from Church. He said it's Sunday and we go see our Nanny Puckette. She was weak and it took a lot for her to talk but she spoke to Hunter and was delighted to see him. She loves to hear him sing so he sang "The Seven Days of the Week" for her. Afterwards, he told her that next time, when she's feeling better, she could sing it with him. For years, we had Family Dinner at her house every Sunday afternoon. It was a delicious home cooked meal with lots of love and time. We'd have a yummy dessert afterwards and the kids would eat too much ice cream. We'd play "UNO" and we laughed when they accused my grandmother and I of cheating. She used to make us homemade flannel pajamas every year for Christmas and I always looked forward to them. I'll treasure the Fridays I rode the City Bus downtown with her to get her hair fixed. We'd eat lunch at Woolworth's and shop afterwards. We'd laughed and had fun, just being together. I'll never forget the times we've shared together and I pray that my son will still remember her for years to come. I'm thankful she got to meet my little girl. I'm glad the last words we shared were I love you. Thanks for your prayers. We could all use them right now.

6 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Prayers to you and your family!

Linnao said...

My thoughts will go out to you and your family.

Heather Bares said...

my thoughts are with you

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. :(

My thoughts are with you and yours.

muirwoodsue said...

You have been busy! I hope Hanna is feeling better. She looked so sad when she was feeling poor. It's so scary when you baby is in the hospital. I loved the photo slide show of your Nanny.She looks like an awesome woman! Prayers for you and your family

Stacy said...

I will say a pray tonight! God bless!