Thursday, September 07, 2006

Birthday Blues




Well, this has probably been the longest week in a while. It seems like it will NEVER end. Friday, this Tropical Storm hit us and we lost power until Saturday afternoon. We slept in our camper so we could have lights, watch movies and keep our food from the fridge/freezer. Saturday morning, we had pancakes Mike cooked for us on the stove in the camper. I gave Hunter a bath and put him down for a nap after we played alot and then, the nightmare started. I took a long nap and woke up to get sick as a dog. I had a virus that is STiLL lingering. I was going to the bathroom, throwing up, dehydrated and could hardly walk I was so weak. I wanted to be in the den so I could atleast see my son but it took so much to get to the bathroom I had to move back to my room. Luckily, we did have a holiday. I have only had to take off 1 day from work. It's now Thursday and I still cannot eat solid food. I tried eating a little last night and lost every bit of it. I had a urinary tract infection and a huge ulcer all over my lip from being sick. I even started my period in the middle of it..UUGGHHH! Mike has been WONDERFUL. He brought me the walkie talkies so we could communicate and he could bring me anything I needed. He took care of Hunter AND me. Last night, he evern bought me a small birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday to me. He also got 2 types of ice cream and said we'd go out to eat as soon as I was better. I have to do something extra special for him when I feel better. He is so terrific. Hopefully, I will be feeling better soon. He and Hunter bought me this bouquet of flowers Sunday. He had Hunter bring them upstairs to me and tell me he loved me. WOW...did my heart melt:) I know I am so lucky to have the 2 most wonderful boys on the earth:) My grandmother brought me a ton of food too and these beautiful carnations. My cup runneth over...

No comments: