Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Just a Moment ...




Well, it's been a while since my last post. What a busy time it's been. But, fun all the way. Thought I'd take a moment before work to catch up. We had an ausome weekend. We got our new furniture Friday. Everything was good, except our new leaning bookcase was the wrong color. We got the correct one last night. Hunter was helping Dad put it together:) Maybe we have a little handy man on our hands, just like his Dad. We cleaned up Saturday, after Hunter went down for a nap. Then, we taped up, moved furniture, and painted the living room. It's incredible what a coat of paint will do. Actually what TWO will do, since we did a cool sponge paint design. It looks so cool, just a softer look than that ole' ugly white in there. We are planning to paint the hallway and all upstairs when we get a chance. Hoped we would do it this weekend so unless we do it Sunday, we will have to wait. Mike has to work on Saturday most of the day. We had some plans to go to the Neptune Festival Saturday night. I hope we can still go. Sunday, we were over in Va Beach for the Neptune Festival Sandman Triathlon. It was incredible to watch. My friend, Mindy and I volunteered. We cut up fruit and poured water and Gaterade for the runners. Then, we worked the finish line and took the timer chips off the runner's ankles as they came through. It was nothing like I ever watched, and to be completely honest, I'd like to be able to do it in 2 years. It was a 1k swim in the ocean, 14 mile bike ride and 4 mile run. ALOT of work but we could do it if we trained. As far as dieting and excercise, I am THRILLED to say that I have lost 17 pounds so far. I'd still like to lose another 20 but it's a GREAT start. We have all been eating healthier, excercising and drinking lots of water. It's defentley paid off. We celebrated my bday this Monday at the Piccadilly. It was very yummy, and Hunter had fun playing with Grandma and Jeff. He was so silly:) I got some cool shirts, MONEY:) , and really nice cards. I had a good time. Mike and I are having dinner at the Steak & Ale Friday night together. I can't wait. Well, hope everyone has a great week and weekend. I'll be busy working on the house. We got all new lamps and need to work in our den. Take care and enjoy the cool weather:) Can't wait 'til Fall is finally here!!

No comments: