Monday, September 11, 2006

Mixed Emotions

It's hard to believe that 5 years ago today, so many people lost their lives. It's hard to believe that someone could purposely drive a plane in a building. I'll never forget the phone call I received that day at work. My sister in law called me because they had a radio on in their office . She told me a plane had flown in the WTC in NY and they believed it to be a terrorist act. It was so hard to believe. I remember just listening to the television throughout the day and wondering could this possibly be a bad dream. It seemed like I cried the entire day. Words could not express the pain I felt for the families of those lost that day, or the sadness that I felt that someone could do this. I know these men who were behind this thought this would tear apart our country but they were wrong. It only made us stronger. It only made us more proud of our country and what we stand for. I love this country and our president for being the man he is. It's easy to feel scared of what the future holds, but as long as we have faith in God, we can get through anything. I guess that's what gets me through a day like today. I just have to have faith and cast all my cares upon him.

On a lighter note, I know I'm not completely focused today. I just don't feel good. Still, not over the virus that keeps attacking my family. Hopefully, we'll get over it soon. Until then, I have to close. Just too tired to blog. Good Night and God Bless the USA...

No comments: