Thursday, November 06, 2008

It's a Brand New Day

Well, today is a NEW day. The Election is over and there's no sense being upset about it anymore. Sure, I'm worried but the only thing I can do is pray about it. God is in control and that's enough for me. I have too many other things to worry about and I'm a big believer in Positive Thinking. Maybe Obama will surprise us...I have an open mind (but I'm still scared)

**
Anyway, I've got several things on my to do list today. Thursday is our Cleaning Night. I fed Hannah and read to Hunter last night while Mike picked up in their rooms and finished putting away some laundry. Tonite, I need to vacuum, finish picking up in our bedroom and clean off our Dining room table. (WHY does that table accumulate stuff??) I'd like to have the house all clean by the weekend. Mike has to work Saturday so I thought I'd rake leaves with Hunter while Hannah sleeps. (with the monitor close by, of course) Saturday night,While watching a movie with the family in the den, I'd like to finish my "BABY" album by Bo Bunny, finish adding Portraits of the kids in my Album and get some stuff ready to sell on EBAY. I'm DEFINITELY a Camera Bag Junkie. Just Look...
I have a Crumpler, a Lowepro, a Tamrac, a Targus and a black leather bag that was given to me. I had the Crumpler to serve as a "Purse look a like" and the Lowepro for all my lenses and gear. Well, I think I've decided that I want a larger Crumpler that will hold it all, or most of it. I only want ONE BAG. I made an agreement with Mike that if I sold my bags, I could use the money for a NEW one. I'm hoping to do it this week or next so that I'll have it for Disney World. My Point and Shoot Camera broke and it will be over $100 to fix so I decided to use my SLR all the time now. I love it. I'm actually getting very comfy with it. I might even look for a new strap at Disney, if they have a new look. I'm just DIEING to get a new bag....One bag. I'm looking at the Crumper 6 or 7 Million Dollar Bag. I have my Sony SLR with the kit lens, a 75-300 lens, a 50 mm, and my External Flash. Any suggestions??

Here's my unfinished Baby album. I'd like to get one done of Hannah and then, make one for Hunter. I'm not sure if I want to make a boyish BABY album to match or a BOY one. Hunter really likes to watch me work on it so I KNOW I want him to have one of his own. (or about him) They are ALOT of work but they're fun and really popular. I just hope I get better at doing them:)

This year is FLYING by. It will be Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner before we know it. I've been, diligently, trying to get my shopping done so I can enjoy the Holidays.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and God Bless!

5 comments:

Sandra Collins said...

hope you get yourself the bag you really want - that baby album looks like it would be a lot of fun to play with

muirwoodsue said...

I have the Five Million dollar Crumpler bag, and I would not want to get one bigger than that. I tried them all out at B & H in NYC a couple of years ago. I holds my Canon 30D, with a 50mm lens, a larger lens and maybe I could shove a flash in there. It's a really nice looking bag. Personally, I would not want to shlep my big camera with an extra lens, flash all around Disney. I took a point and shoot and it worked fine. I could shove it in my pocket and didn't worry about having to carry the entire camera bag in & out of rides. Of course it's personal preference!

muirwoodsue said...

OK Duh! I just realized your point & shoot is broken.
I wish I could send you my bag to borrow for the week! I really think the 7 million dollar bag is HUGE and I felt the 6 was too big for me. I just don't like a big bulky bag over my shoulder. The 5 looks almost like a purse. Sorry if I am rambling. Let me know if you have questions!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

I know how you feel about wanting everything in one bag. I have a Lowepro that fits everything. Body with lens plus 2 extra lenses. It's not that pretty, but I prettied it up with ribbons.

All I suggest is going to the store if possible with all your stuff and seeing what works - good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your ebay sales! Your album cover is adorable :)