Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Way I See It #51

"Americans spend an average of 29 hours a week watching television - which means in a typical life span we devote 13 uninterrupted years on our TV sets! The biggest problem with mass media isn't low quality - it's high quantity. Cutting down just an hour a day would provide extra years of life - for music and family, exercise and reading, conversation and coffee."

-Michael Medved
Author of Right Turns and radio talk show host
(from my Starbucks cup)
-
I've gotten so I really don't watch as much TV. I used to be hooked on a couple programs. But the second I realized I thought I HAD to see it, I knew it was controlling me. So, I've really cut back. My family is the most important thing in my life and they're growing up so fast. Life can pass you by in a moment. It's scary at times. I'm thankful for all the time we have together. Sometimes, it's just being silly together, cleaning up and singing, reading a book or saying a prayer.
-
We really LOVE books, you know. Our favorite store is Borders because they have a wonderful
selection and there's so MANY books on sale. We find clearance books all the time, and tonite was NO exception. Here's some things we found for the kid's birthdays. (Hunter will be 5 April 29Th and Hannah will be 1 June 8Th.)This Narnia book retails for $29.99 but I got it on Clearance for $4.99!
The pictures and pop ups are AMAZING!

One of my coworkers received a flat Stanley in the mail when her granddaughter sent it to her. She was reading it in School. It was only $4.99 and it's so cute!

This book is really big and it was on clearance for $2.99!

This will be Hannah's first Dr. Seuss book. I think she'll like it! It was only $4.99.

This book wasn't on sale but it wasn't too bad. It's been very popular and I heard it's good. (and touching) It's on the best seller's list and I'm excited about starting it.

Well, have a great Thursday!

No comments: