Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Happy News!


Yep, here's my happy news. We're expecting another little one sometime around June of next year. It really hasn't sank in yet but I'm sure by the end of the week it'll feel more real. We're so excited!! I know Hunter will be the best big brother!!
**
I think that news was a real helper since I was a little down last night. We wanted to go see our Granny and PaPa and Nanny Puckette after coming back from camping and not seeing them for a little while. Well, Papa got home late from his Dialysis and Granny wasn't feeling well. She had either some pain or numbness in her hand. After taking some medicine, I think she got better but it's still a worry. They do really well for being in their 90's and every visit with them is well spent. Hunter LOVES to go see them, as much as we do. So we decided they needed their rest. We went and saw Nanny Puckette, who suffers from Alzheimers and is in a Nursing Home. She usually doesn't remember that she's asked us something several times or how old my son is and who keeps him
Today, she didn't remember me at all.
She said she didn't think she had met me before or Hunter. She looked at me as if she was happy to see me, a nice girl with a cute little boy. It was about 6:30 P.M. when we were there and she was sitting up in bed, watching the news. I know she is better in the morning than night and Mike kept reminding me of that. I DO realize that but I couldn't help the tears as soon as I left her room. We used to go downtown together and shop, after she got her hair done. We went to Woolworth and had lunch, after strolling through the store to see what we could find. I know the obvious but I can't explain how bad it hurt for her to not recognize me. We have always shared a special bond because I stayed with her so much as a child. She made the best oatmeal...Just the right consistency of sugar and butter. Quaker Oats couldn't touch it! Anyway, I'm praying I went on a bad day. My family is my life...I don't know what I'd do without them.
Anyway, hope everyone has a good day. I have some pictures of camping this weekend but gotta finish up my mound of laundry before work and taking Hunter Man to school. ......sigh...

2 comments:

Robin said...

I'll help with the names....how about Gertrude...or Ursula....just kidding!!! Do you get the hint that I'm wanting a little girl!!!! I've got enough boys to spoil!!!! Bring on the baby girl!!! Jenn I am so truly happy for you!!! You are the bestest friend and the bestest mommy!!!! I can't wait.....I missed out on Hunter and there is no way on this earth that I would miss out on this one!!!! I love you!!!

Lorrie said...

congrats on the newest member of the family!