Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Prayers Answered

Well, yesterday was my appointment with the plastic surgeon and it went VERY well. He looked at my nose and found the hole to be on the bottom of my nose with 1 cm on each side of it. That makes my nose very structurally strong and it would take a very bad infection to make it collapse. (he calls that a saddleback) I'm so happy. The surgeries are very major and there are 2 ways to do it. The first way would have him going through my mouth, cheek, sinuses and then back up to my nose. The second way he would have to go through my skull. Both ways, he would have a piece in there holding it up that would have to be removed 3-4 months later. He said I am very lucky because the hole IS very large but it is in the perfect place. I just have to take care of it and see my ENT once a year to make sure it's healthy. I asked him what happened to the cartilage that is now gone. It was actually dissolved through a nose bleed. That is why it is so dangerous when my nose bleeds. It can make the hole bigger and make it weaker. When I asked him if this was probably caused by nasal sprays, he said absolutely. I wish more people knew the dangers of those sprays. The steroid in it is what is SO strong. He said that he sees it every day but a hole my size is very rare and is usually found maybe 1 in 10, 000. WOW! The moral of this story is that I called on Jesus and he was with me every step of the way. I KNOW that he physically changed something in my nose to make it ok. God is so good. He really blessed me and I hope he blesses you this week:D

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

So glad for the good news. Believe it or not I have been concerned. I know your whole nose thing has been terrible for you..