Sunday, October 08, 2006

CU PICNIC FUN











We had a blast at my work picnic. They always have the big slides and we ALL had a ball this time. Hunter took Mommy AND Daddy on it with him...we aren't as young as we used to be BUT we still had a ball. We weren't sure if Hunter would sit still long enough to have his face painted but we were pleasantly surprised. He sat still for the entire thing, even closing his eyes so she could color in the white spot on his eye. They had hot dogs, barbecue, apple sauce, cookies and any flavor you can imagine snow cones. They also had the clowns who did the face paintings and there was a magic show inside. It felt great. It was a little windy, right by the water on the slide. But not too cold. My friend, Randi and her daughter, Kaitlyn went down the slide with Hunter and I. It was super fun but I think I tumbled over her:) It's really hard to get up from those big slides but we had a great time trying. Mike climbed the big wall and made it all the way to the top. Hunter cheered him on, saying GO GO GO! I know that was hard, considering he had flip flops and had to climb up barefoot. He said it was rough on his hands and feet but I know I'm glad he made it to the top. After we left the picnic, we went to the Disney Store to pick up Hunter's Halloween outfit. We ordered a similar one online but it was way too big. They only had one at the store his size so I'm glad we went today. We also ordered Cars and got 4 really cool lithograms in a folder with lots of pics of the movie. Hunter was so good and let me try on the outfit in the store. He just stood right there and cooperated beautifully. He also recognized Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story, which we just watched last night. I LOVE that movie. He really liked it and I know we want to watch it again before we return it. Anyway, we ended up the evening stopping by "Nanny and Pop's". We say them on the way home and Hunter was SCREAMING "Nanny" and "Pop". It was adorable, so we visited for a short time. He was so happy to see them and I am so thankful for the love they gave our baby:) Well, I'm going to bed now. It's been a great weekend and I have 3 miles to run tomorrow morning:)

No comments: