Sunday, October 15, 2006

To My Better Half


Mike had his big half marathon today and I was SO proud of him. It was really a big deal for him and he was a bit nervous. He's done a ton of 5k runs on the base that he works on but this was the longest run he has ever done. He runs longer distances at home, though so I KNEW he's do fine. He did wonderful and I was so happy for him. He set a goal and he did it. He ran 13.1 miles in 2 hours, 8 minutes and 30 seconds!! He's hoping to do longer races in the future and I'm hoping to do some with him. I had a fun 5k that I ran Saturday and I was pretty disappointed in my time and performance. My MP3 player went dead for no apparent reason the first lap in the race. I got so frustrated that I nearly gave up. I finally pulled it together and lost the attitude to finish but it was HARD without my motivation. I'm hoping to do better next time but on the brighter side, this race was a benefit for MPS, a great cause, and it was my first run. Mike and I are planning to do some more runs together in the future but for now, I'll just keep trying. He was SO supportive of me and he REALLY is my better half. He is my lifeline, my confident, my best friend and I'm so lucky to have him. He really made me feel better after my run and I nearly cried with pride for him after his. I'm just proud of the person that he is and what he stands for. He is really the best and I love him so much!

*Blogger has been a real bummer tonite so I'll enlarge this other pics later so you can actually see them. But after 2 early days full of fun, I'm ready for bed tonite:)*

No comments: