Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A thanksgiving Poem

Thought everyone might enjoy this...Thanks Maria:)

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
but I just couldn't sleep.
I tried counting backwards;
I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned the dark meat and white,
But I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation,
The thought of a snack became infatuation.

So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
'Till all of a sudden I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky,
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.

But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees
Happy eating to all, pass the cranberries, please!

May your stuffing be tasty; may your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize.
May your thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs!

1 comment:

Cheryl Wray said...

So cute!!
So funny, because I already have the last two verses saved to be my post tomorrow. Great minds think alike, huh? lol
Have a GREAT Thanksgiving!!