Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving Twenty: A Two Peas Challenge

Thanksgiving Twenty: A Two Peas Challenge

Do you cook all or part of the meal? usually 2 dishes, wish I did more but my family likes to do the majority, while they still can
How much do you spend buying groceries for the meal? $50
Do you eat at home or go to someone else’s? someone elses,either Mom and Dad's or Nanny and Pop's :)
Describe your perfect bite? I {{LOVE}} stuffing, so does Mike and Hunter
White meat or dark? White
Stuffing with giblets or without? without
Anything you won’t eat at the Thanksgiving meal? usually don't like cranberry relish, although I know it's just me; I hear it's delicious...maybe I'll try it this year:)
Carve Mr. Gobble at the table or serve on a platter? my dad always carves the turkey to be served on a platter
Favorite pie? pumpkin or pecan
Formal table or Chinet? Depends on Nanny's mood but Chinet is fine by me...good fellowship without a bunch of dishes. But we all help wash and have nice quality time helping out together
Your menu? turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, collard greens FROM MY POP'S GARDEN, hashbrown casserole, 5 cup salad, Carrot Cake, Pumpkin Roll
Favorite leftover? TURKEY, pumpkin roll
Extended family, friends, both or just the immediate family for dinner? Just the immediate family is 12 of us (Grandparents, parents, brother, cousin, 2 uncles, 1 aunt, me, Mike and Hunter
After dinner, do you go to the latest movie or football on TV? Usually go see Holiday Lights, if up yet or just go home and loaf after a day full of thankfulness
Do you watch the Macy’s Parade? YES, when home. I love it and reminds me of childhood memory. (see below:)
Christmas decorations up before or after? always the day after or later
Black Friday shopping or sleep in? Oh, Yeah, BABY...gotta get the good stuff at Best Buy:)
Any special Thanksgiving tradition? just getting together with the family, enjoying the classic menu and just being together with the people that love us:)
Favorite thing about Thanksgiving? Remembering ALL we have to be thankful for. Thank you, God for all you have blessed my family with.
Favorite Thanksgiving memory? For years, starting with my first Thanksgiving when I was 2 months old, we always went to Philadelphia for Thanksgiving. My aunt and uncle live there and I have several cousins my age there. We always drove up Wednesday, went to a HUGE parade on Thursday and then went shopping all day Friday with my brother and cousins. The "Ladies" would go shopping, while the guys would take all the kids around. Saturday, we all went to the Flea Markets and ate pretzels from the Street Vendors. It's so different there and I really miss going there. My aunt now has Alzheimer's Disease and my uncle is not able to do what they once did for us coming there. They are so dear to us all and we will always remember the many years we spent there.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
"In every thing, give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry and I love that song you have playing. Thanks for sharing! Definitely heartfelt! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sophia

Cheryl Wray said...

LOVE the list!! i may have to "steal" it myself!
No, I don't do cranberry relish either. I guess I should try it sometime! lol
I LOVE Thanksgiving--just being with all the family and all that good food!!